Are you in need of a Houston drunk driving accident lawyer? In the event you get a car accident injury caused by drunk driving, you will want to know that your claim will be reviewed differently by the insurance company of the drunk driver compared to if he or she was not intoxicated.
In this case, you have a stronger hold over the insurance of the drunk to force a fair settlement. To make them do the honorable thing, get in touch with our experienced Houston personal injury attorneys at (713) L‑A‑W‑S‑U‑I‑T.
Table of Contents
Why is it Crucial Contacting a Houston Lawyer Right Away?
Unlike other car collisions, drunk driving accidents need to be acted upon quickly and often need to be settled fast considering that insurance companies know that:
- They are at fault for causing the injuries
- The party insured is guilty
And There’s Nothing That Can Be Done About It!
In the Houston, Texas metropolitan region, drunk driving incidences and accidents are a serious issue every day. Almost every other night will see yet another intoxication manslaughter that has resulted from a driver impaired of judgment.
Sometime, DUI drivers may be so intoxicated they end up driving the freeway on the wrong side and causing a head-on collision.
If a Drunk Driver injures you, What Should You Do?
Immediately after a drunk driving accident has occurred, we understand the first agenda of business is recovering from the collision to ascertain that you get to live a quantified life to the fullest again.
While we may be hoping for your speedy and full recovery, we are aware that drivers usually cause severe auto accidents as a result of their erratic driving behavior, which means more suffering and pain for you.
If you happen to be a victim of a drunk driver DUI accident, or if a loved one contacts you from the scene of the accident, ensure to do the following:
Call the Police
The Harris County Sheriff or the Houston police must come to the scene of the accident. This way, they’ll be able to assess the driver for signs of intoxication, and if they have exceeded the legal limit, haul them off to jail. That’s not only integral for them to get the punishment they deserve for hitting you; you’ll also be making sure they don’t flee the scene and or injure/kill somebody else that very night.
Get Medical Attention
If you feel like you’re hurting, you need to get an evaluation from the EMS and be taken to the hospital if need be.
Video the Other Driver
If you can make a video recording safely of the other driver either while he’s falling as a result of staggering or while getting his/her info, do it. While holding your phone, ask for consent to take a video as you ask his/her insurance information and full legal names.
Take several photos of the damage caused to your vehicles, the other driver’s license, driver’s insurance info, and license plate of the other car.
Don’t Speak to Insurance Alone
When dealing with the insurance company, please don’t do it without a lawyer present. Injuries caused by drunk driving are more severe than a regular car accident suit. Consider getting in touch with an experienced car accident attorney to deal with your claim.
The insurance service provider is fully aware that victims have grounds to seek out extra damages caused by punitive damages. So they will try settling the case as fast as they can before you get a professional Houston DUI lawyer. They will be doing this with the intent of saving money by giving you a payment that’s significantly less than what you are actually entitled to get.
Call an Accident Lawyer!
Be shrewd and call the police, look for medical assistance, then call a Houston DUI injury attorney at (713) L‑A‑W‑S‑U‑I‑T.
Once you have recuperated physically from the auto accident, you might not know what to do and get overcome by the whole affair.
Maybe you thought such an occurrence would never happen to you; first of all, you are careful and were not the person at fault. But yet again, your car might be wrecked, your medical care bills skyrocketing, and you may have suffered some trauma from the incident. The accident itself was traumatic enough, plus you may be affected by memory flashes about what transpired.
- We have been assisting drunk driving victims successfully get reimbursed in the Houston, Texas local for 25+ years.
- We shall continue seeking justice for those causing needless injuries.
- We can also act as representatives for family members that have lost a loved one as a result of a drunk driving accident.
- We are available to efficiently and aggressively represent you and your loved ones when you need it.
How Long Do You Have to File a Drunk Driver Claim?
In Houston, Texas, the limitation is two years, so time is of the essence if you want to pursue compensation. Although you may not desire to confront the details of the case, it’s important to know there’s a ticking clock.
But while you are still recuperating from the adverse injuries inflicted on you, the insurance company of the drunk driver is coming up with a defense strategy that undermines your case and or minimizes the damages to be paid out.
Drunk Driving Accidents in Houston are on the Increase
An experienced Houston DUI lawyer at (713) L‑A‑W‑S‑U‑I‑T can sue for the maximum liability amount, to make it in such a way you get the compensation rightfully owed to you. We have represented thousands of car accident victims successfully, plus we are specialists in DUI accidents.
The money usually assists in paying for medical expenses and allowing the ability to care for yourself while recovering. For DUI car accident victims, the financial effect accrued with the mounting medical bills and lost wages is usually overwhelming.
With reimbursement, your quality of life will improve. If you are so unfortunate as to get run over by a drunk driver, you have a right to hold the person responsible for his/her crimes, get financial compensation, and sense of some closure bringing you closer to a peaceful mindset.
During this difficult period, having top personal injury lawyers by your side can prove to make all the difference in your court case.
Here at (713) L‑A‑W‑S‑U‑I‑T, we have a solid track record of getting victims compensated successfully while holding the guilty person responsible for their actions.
Injured by a Drunk Driver? Hire a Houston Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer at (713) L‑A‑W‑S‑U‑I‑T
At the (713) L‑A‑W‑S‑U‑I‑T law office, a DWI injury attorney can assist you in pursuing civil damages, which include punitive damages against drunk driving.
- We determine how the accident occurred and look into finding out the drunk driver intoxication extent.
- We will review the prior criminal record of the defendant to see whether they’re repeat perpetrators with a previous drunk driving record and or any drunk driving collisions.
- We will get the accident report and observe the criminal prosecution of the offender.
- Our law office will assess police reports, talk to witnesses, and put together the criminal charges evidence and an administrative hearing.
- In the event there’s another business or person liable other than the drunk driver, we will look into their liability for permitting the person to drive, offering the alcohol, hiring the driver and other possible legal responsibility areas
- We will hear you out.
- We want to know about everything surrounding the accident and how the injuries inflicted have impacted you.
- If a loved was involved in a fatal DUI accident, tell us everything as to how the wrongful death affected you and your family.
We Will Champion Your Case
- DWI accident accidents cases are aggressively pursued by Insurance companies, and claims are settled for much less than what the victim has a right to get.
- There are numerous times insurance companies offer coverage to repeat perpetrators who should never be allowed behind the wheel ever.
- Our Drunk driving accident lawyers will fight for your rights in trial and handle the insurance company for you.
If your case warrants for exemplary damages, we will seek out the maximum compensation amount compliant with the law.
If you’re a drunk driver victim, contact a DWI accident injury attorney to ensure your evidence is well preserved and rights upheld.